Your wine trip program
Grape-picker for one day in the Bordeaux vineyard
- The Château du Payre in Entre-deux-Mers welcomes you to share one of the most important moments of the wine-growing year and to immerse yourself in the winegrower's profession: you go to the vineyards to take part in the harvest!
- You will also participate in a tour of the wine estate to better understand the production cycle of their wines, a tasting of the estate's wines and a lunch around local products (drinks included).
The program of the harvest day
- You have an appointment at 9:15 a.m. at the Château du Payre where you will be welcomed around a coffee by the winegrower who owns the Château, Valérie Labrousse.
- From 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. you participate in the harvest.
- The experience continues with a guided tour of the cellar
- At lunchtime, after your morning effort, you enjoy a gourmet lunch paired with Château du Payre wines.
Your lunch includes: aperitif with Crémant de Bordeaux, starters (melon tomatoes from the garden) with a rosé wine, main course (“bordelaise” steak on vine shoots and green beans) accompanied by a fruity red from Château du Payre, cheeses / salad paired with The pearl of Payre, dessert (fruit tiramisu) served with a liquor, coffee!
- At the end of your harvest day, you leave with a one-day harvester's certificate and a package of 3 bottles of wine (one dry, one rosé, one red)!
- Optional – One night on site, breakfast included, on the date of your choice (September 23 or 24)
Duration: one day, from 9h15 to 16h
Date: the 24th of september 2022
Number of participants: 30 people (maximum)
Châteaux and wine estates
Château du Payre
The history of the Du Payre Castle is somehow a little unusual, or at least the history of the inheritance of the Castle. Indeed, unlike most of the estates, this property has been passed by from mother to daughter...