Your wine trip program
Day 1 - A vineyard break in the heart of Cathar Country
- Upon your arrival in Cathare country between Fitou and Corbières at the beginning of the afternoon, Jérôme Bertrand and his wife Sabine will make you discover the Bertrand-Bergé estate in a friendly atmosphere during a 4X4 ride through their vineyards. The visit is followed by a tasting of the wines of the property.
- In the afternoon, you can make yourself at home in the Cascastel-des-Corbières, in your guesthouse on the Grand Guilhem estate. Charming touches await you, courtesy of Séverine and Gilles: chocolates and local delicacies, a bottle of one of the estate’s great wines and more...
- You will go out to discover the Grand Guilhem estate with Gilles and visit the vineyard and the cellar. He will initiate you to wine-tasting (theory and practice), as well as make you discover the organic wines of the estate.
- Dinner in the centre of the village, enjoying generous, traditional cuisine with local specialities - Wines included.
- After your dinner, enjoy the beauty and serenity of this Occitan village as you stroll along its cobbled streets.
- Overnight in a room at the Grand Guilhem wine estate.
Day 2 - Dolce vita and Occitan heritage
- Breakfast at the Grand Guilhem estate.
- Optional - In the morning, you drive to the Abbey of Fontfroide for a stop on the Corbières route. You start with a private tasting in the cellar dating from the 19th century and continue with a lunch at the Fonfroide table (starter / main course / dessert with a glass of wine). In the early afternoon, enjoy a free visit of the Abbey (the Rose Garden and the Terrace Gardens)
- You will round off your stay with a visit to Lagrasse, in the centre of Cathar Country, which is ranked among the most beautiful villages in France. You will find yourself carried away by its abbey, 14th century market, picturesque streets and the local artisans and their impressive savoir-faire.
Book all year round and travel from April to June and September to October.
Options you can add to your trip
Add some activities to your stay in Languedoc-Roussillon and wine-tasting experience (select the option from the booking form):
At Abbey of Fontfroide : private tasting in the 19th century cellar, followed by lunch at the Fonfroide table and a free visit of the Abbey in the early afternoon.
Châteaux and wine estates
The Grand Guilhem Estate
The Grand Guilhem opens you the doors of its guest rooms and its charming cottages.Severine and Gilles welcome you to their former mansion of the nineteenth century in the village of Cascastel...
Located between Languedoc and Roussilon, the Domaine Bertrand-Bergé has belonged to the Bertrand family since the 19th century and is located in Paziols, a small commune in the Aude. More than six generations have carried on...