Your wine trip program
Day 1 - A vineyard break in the heart of Cathar Country
- Upon your arrival in Cathar Country, between Fitou and Corbières, you will set out to discover the Carignan. An independent winemaker will allow you to visit his estate and taste his wines in a convivial atmosphere
- In the afternoon, you can make yourself at home in the Cascastel-des-Corbières, in your guesthouse on the Grand Guilhem estate. Charming touches await you, courtesy of Séverine and Gilles: chocolates and local delicacies, a bottle of one of the estate’s great wines and more...
- You will go out to discover the Grand Guilhem estate with Gilles, who will allow you to visit the vineyard and the cellar, before introducing you to the practice of wine-tasting (theory and practice), as well as letting you discover the organic wines of the estate in his company
- You will have dinner in the centre of the village, enjoying generous, traditional cuisine serving local specialities of the region
- After your dinner, enjoy the beauty and serenity of this Occitan village as you stroll along its cobbled streets
- Spend the night in a room on the Grand Guilhem vineyard
Day 2 - Dolce vita and Occitan heritage
- Breakfast at the Grand Guilhem estate
- In the morning, you will make your way to the Fontfroide Abbey for one last leg on the Corbières route. After a visit to the abbey and its gardens, you will enjoy a tasting of two of the estate’s rosé wines, accompanied by jams from the massif. Then, you will be given a picnic basket to take on your open-air walk through the countryside (three routes to choose from). Upon your return, you will be given a bottle and a glass of wine (optional, from March to June and September to November)
- You will round off your stay with a visit to Lagrasse, in the centre of Cathar Country, which is ranked among the most beautiful villages in France. You will find yourself carried away by its abbey, 14th century market, picturesque streets and the local artisans and their impressive savoir-faire
Options you can add to your trip
Add some activities to your stay in Languedoc-Roussillon and wine-tasting experience (select the option from the booking form):
Make your way to the Fontfroide Abbey : visit to the abbey and its gardens, a tasting of two of the estate’s rosé wines, accompanied by jams from the massif, a picnic basket to take on your open-air walk through the countryside (three routes to choose from). You will be given a bottle and a glass of wine (from March to June and September to November).
Châteaux and wine estates
Learn more about The Grand Guilhem estate
The Grand Guilhem Estate
The Grand Guilhem opens you the doors of its guest rooms and its charming cottages.Severine and Gilles welcome you to their former mansion of the nineteenth century in the village of Cascastel...