Your wine trip program
Day 1 - In the Lot Valley, between vineyards and castles
- Once arrived, let’s go to the Château de Haute-Serre, a real wine-making institution in Cahors, famous for its Malbecs. Visit of the property followed by a wine tasting.
- In the evening, a confortable room awaits you at Château Mercuès, built in the 13th century in the heart of the Cahors vineyards.
- Visit of the winery, the cellars, and wine tasting of 3 varieties of Malbec. Enjoy the charming atmosphere of the chateau and its views on the Lot Valley.
- Dinner at the gastronomic restaurant of the castle, Le Duèze - 3 courses menu, excluding drinks.
- Overnight stay at Château Mercuès.
Day 2 - Regional wine-tasting around Cahors
- Breakfast at the Château de Mercuès.
- In the morning, enjoy a walk near the castle. Bikes are available to explore the area.
- In the afternoon, meet Laurent Resseguier, one of the few winemakers located inside Cahors district. Visit and wine tasting - a bottle will be offered at the end of the visit.
- Complete your weekend with a tour around Cahors city. Discover why it has been named city of art and history…
Châteaux and wine estates
Learn more about Chateau de Haute-Serre - Cahors
Château de Haute-Serre
The castle of Haute-Serre has been an abandoned place since the 19th century. It was once a property that produced one of the greatest wines in France until 1880. However, thanks to Georges Vigouroux...