Your wine trip program
Architecture and wine-making process
- After arriving in Médoc region, you will reach “Château du Taillan” which is a beautiful familial property dated from the seventeenth century. With a splendid classical architecture, the domain houses underground cellars classified as French Historical Monuments
- During 1 hour and a half, you will be totally immersed in the world of winemakers discovering all the secrets of wine-making process in Medoc.
- The visit ends with a tasting of wines from the property.
Visit and introduction to wine-tasting
- The vineyard pathway excursion continues at Château Baudan, located in the Listrac-Médoc appellation. Alain and Sylvie Blasquez, as well as their daughters, welcome you for an initiation to tasting through an original and playful approach: blind tasting. Use your senses of sight, smell, taste, and learn to guess as many things as possible about the wine tasted.
- The tasting is followed by a tour of the technical installations.
Lunch and visit of a Grand Cru Classé
- Lunch break in the heart of the vineyards, at the restaurant Au Marquis de Terme. Chef Grégory Coutanceau and the Château Marquis de Terme, Grand Cru Classé of the Margaux appellation, have joined forces to offer you a concentrate of French art of living, around wine, gastronomy and hospitality - Menu, drinks not included.
- Château Desmirail, 3rd Grand Cru Classé in 1855 from the Margaux appellation, then welcomes you for a tour of the vat and cellar rooms followed by a tasting of the Château's wines.
- Optional - Accommodation (with breakfast).
Year-round, from Monday to Saturday.
Options you can add to your trip
Add some activities to your wine day in the Medoc region (select the options on the booking form):
As part of a gift, choose the shipping method:
- by email
- by post (shipping costs €3.95)
Accommodation - You can add one night (with breakfast) to this day.
Châteaux and wine estates
Grand Cru Classé in 1855, Château Desmirail is owned by Denis Lurton since 1992 which aims to develop a wine typical of its appellation, finesse and elegance...
Château du Taillan à Taillan-Médoc
Henri Cruse bought the seventeenth century “Château du Taillan” in 1896. The property...
The origins of Château Baudan date back to the middle of the 19th century, when Pierre Sauts planted his first vines in the vineyard that would take the name of Baudan. Château Baudan produces a red wine whose key words are aromatic complexity and elegance. Created according to the Médoc tradition, the estate highlights the Listrac appellation. The 30-year-old vines offer an elegant, fine and generous wine...