Your wine trip program
Day 1 - Landscapes and flavours from Provence
- The trip starts with a visit of the caves at domaine du Deffends, producteur of organic wines from Provence. Taste the classic rosé and let yourself surprise by the instensity of red wines in a commented wine tasting.
- At the end of the day you can finally relax at La Bastide de la Roquette, bed and breakfast accommodation in the heart of the Sainte Baume regional park. Enjoy the calm of the place in an exceptional natural setting : the multiple quiet spots in the garden are the perfect place to appreciate an evening in Provence !
- For dinner your hosts will prepare a meal with fresh local products. Within the specialities of the house you will find the aïoli, the daube Provençale and the Tropézienne pie. 3 course meal with wine, coffee and water included.
- Overnight stay at La Bastide de la Roquette.
Day 2 - Wine and nature
- Breakfast at La Bastide de la Roquette. Before starting your visits, you take away your lunch basket for a French Picnic. Salad, a 3 chesees sandwich, fresh fruits, warm and cold drinks are included
- In the morning meet Fabienne, at her domain, La Safranière de Mirandolier : She produces an organic saffron certified "Ecocert bio". Discover her fascinating job in this terroir but also some cooking ideas. A bag of saffron is included in your visit, to take back home and cook with Fabienne’s advise
- Lunch-time: you are already equipped with your lunch box. You can then settle in you favorite place at the park of the Gorges de Caramy, just 5 minutes away by foot from your accomodation: admire the beauty of the place, the waterfalls and vegetation
- In the afternoon you meet a young family of wine producers at Vallons de Frontfresque domaine. It produces certified organic wines, in a very strict respect of the environnement and the organic agriculture. Discover the secrets of the vinification in a commented visit and sample a selection of red, white and rosé wines. A bottle will be offered at the end of the visit
- For diner, yours hosts prepare another authentical meal with fresh ingredients from Provence. Optional service – 3 course meal with wine, coffee and water
- Overnight stay at La Bastide de la Roquette
Day 3 - The Pottery art from Provence
- Breakfast at La Bastide de la Roquette
- For your last day in Provence, Maryse waits for you at her atelier, Pinceau Provençal. She is a passionned artist of pottery and of her region. Discover her work and assist to a demostration through which land is transformed in a piece of art