Your wine trip program
Day 1 - Discovery of dry Chenin blanc and troglodytes
- Immerse yourself in the heart of Angevin wine history and unravel the secrets of winemaking through a visit to the FL (Fournier-Longchamps) estate and its facilities: cellar, winery, presses, vines, etc. Your visit ends with a commented tasting of organic and biodynamic wines from the FL estate.
- You continue your tour of the wine estates in Anjou with a visit to Château Soucherie, currently undergoing organic conversion, which seeks to put biodiversity back at the heart of the vines. The estate seeks through the planting of fields of flowers and cereals, the establishment of beehives and eco-grazing to develop responsible viticulture that respects the environment which offers it such beautiful fruits.
- You then settle into your unusual accommodation, whose rooms are carved out of the famous troglodytes for which the region is famous.
- Dinner at the hotel restaurant, in the troglodytes, where you will taste the regional specialty: fouées - Menu with drinks included.
- Night at the hotel in a troglodyte room.
Day 2 - Tastings of Savennières wines and visit of Angers
- Breakfast at your accommodation.
- Self-guided tour of the Troglo museum in the troglodyte village of Rochemenier where you will discover an underground world.
- Optional - Lunch at Le Chenin restaurant in Savennières offering seasonal local products from organic farming
- Meeting in the afternoon in Savennières at the Château de Vaults where you will discover during a guided walk in the park and the vineyard, the landscape of Savennières, the terroirs and the natural approach to the cultivation of the vine by the domain. You then take a seat in one of the Château's lounges for a tasting of 5 wines paired with mature cheeses.
- You end your getaway in Anjou by exploring the magnificent city of Angers, where the famous medieval castle is located including the largest tapestry in the world, the Apocalypse.
Options you can add to your trip
Add some activities to your organic wine tour around Angers (enter the option you want on the booking form):
Day 2 - Lunch at Le Chenin restaurant in Savennières around local products from organic farming.
Châteaux and wine estates
Learn more about Château Soucherie - Savennières
The Château Soucherie is above all a man’s conviction, Roger-François Béguinot, who invested to product great wines expressing the terroir. Château Soucherie only owns...
Learn more about Domaine du Closel - Savennières
Domaine du Closel
The work of the vines carried out by the Château des Vaults prioritizes biological balance and respect for the rhythms of nature...