Your wine trip program
Day 1 - Discovery of dry white Chenin and troglodytes
- Immerse yourself in the heart of Angevin wine history during your first meeting in the morning in Savennières at the Château de Vaults. You will discover during a guided walk in the park and the vineyard, the landscape of Savennières, the terroirs and the natural approach to the vine growing by the domain. You then take a seat in one of the Château's lounges for a tasting of 5 wines paired with mature cheeses.
- Optional - Lunch at Le Chenin restaurant in Savennières offering seasonal local products from organic farming
- You continue your tour of the wine estates in Anjou with a tour of Château Soucherie, currently undergoing organic conversion, which seeks to put biodiversity back at the heart of the vines. The estate seeks through the planting of fields of flowers and cereals, the establishment of beehives and eco-grazing to develop responsible viticulture that respects the environment.
- You then settle into your unusual accommodation carved out of the famous troglodytes for which the region is famous.
- Dinner at the hotel restaurant, in the troglodytes, where you will taste the regional specialty: fouées - Menu with drinks included.
- Night at the hotel in a double room.
Day 2 - Troglodyte village and visit of Angers
- Breakfast at your accommodation.
- Self-guided tour of the Troglo museum in the troglodyte village of Rochemenier where you will discover an underground world.
- You end your getaway in Anjou by exploring the magnificent city of Angers, where the famous medieval castle is located including the largest tapestry in the world, the Apocalypse (entrance not included).
Departure from March to November
Options you can add to your trip
Add some activities to your organic wine tour around Angers (enter the option you want on the booking form):
Lunch at Le Chenin restaurant in Savennières around local products from organic farming.
Châteaux and wine estates
The Château Soucherie is above all a man’s conviction, Roger-François Béguinot, who invested to product great wines expressing the terroir. Château Soucherie only owns...
Domaine du Closel
The work of the vines carried out by the Château des Vaults prioritizes biological balance and respect for the rhythms of nature...
The Domaine Fournier Longchamps or FL born in 2007 under the leadership of Julien Fournier, is a family estate located in Rochefort sur Loire...