Your wine trip program
Day 1 - Settling into a tree house
- Your stay begins with a safran farm visit.
- At the end of the day, you will reach Pompignac where the Château La Romaningue awaits you for an unusual experience in the heart of the vineyard. You will stay in a hut perched on a two hundred years old oak-tree, 8 meters high above the vineyard.
- Dinner in your hut with hot packed lunch. The packed lunch will be prepared by the chef of a local restaurant served with a bottle of wine of the Château La Romaningue.
- Overnight stay at your tree house.
Day 2 - Bike ride and discovery of organic wines of Saint-Emilion
- Climb your breakfast to your hut with a pulley.
- Leave for Saint-Emilion for a day to discover the city, a listed UNESCO World Heritage site.
- You pick up your bike for a ride in the Saint-Emilion vineyard.
- For lunch, head to the Château Soutard, Grand Cru Classé of Saint-Emilion, for a gourmet break: enjoy a magnificent setting to savor a country picnic in complete privacy and taste regional products (a glass of wine per person included).
- Optional - You continue your discovery of the Château Soutard with an exclusive private visit followed by a tasting of the wines of the property, produced under the "High Environmental Value certification".
- In the afternoon, visit the Château Tour Saint-Christophe during a tour of the vineyard, the vats room and the cellars and taste three great wines of Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Classé.
Book your stay the whole year and enjoy it from April to October
Options you can add to your trip
Add activities to your Bordeaux wine tour (select the option on the booking form):
Private wine tour at Château Soutard.
Châteaux and wine estates
Learn more about Chateau Soutard - Saint-Emilion
Château Soutard - Saint-Emilion
The Soutard Chateau is a 22-hectare estate that is classified as “Grand Cru” located near Saint-Emilion. It has been in operation since the 17th century. It is currently managed by Mr Bertrand...
Château Tour Saint Christophe
The Château Tour Saint Christophe is a mid-18th century property, located at the limit between the two villages of Saint-Émilion and Saint Christophe des Bardes....