Your wine trip program
Jour 1- Sancerre vineyard tour
- Upon arrival in Cosne-sur-Loire, between Berry and Burgundy, you settle into the "Domaine du Prieuré Saint Agnan", a beautiful guest house.
- Rendez-vous at the Eric Louis family estate in Thauvenay, for a guided tour of the cellar and facilities followed by a tasting of AOC Sancerre, Pouilly Fumé, Menetou-salon,... with cheese.
- You will continue your wine weekend in the Sancerre region in a goat farm, where you will discover the making process of the famous "Crottin de Chavignol", the region's star cheese, and then taste it! If activity not available, free bottle of wine.
- In the beautiful garden of your guest house, aperitif with the regional specialities you would have bought in the afternoon.
- Diner at the restaurant Le Chat, offering creative and gourmet cuisine according to the chef's wishes - Menu without drinks, aperitif included.
- Overnight stay at "Domaine du Prieuré Saint Agnan".
Jour 2 - Cellar-visit in Sancerre
- At an Estate Winery, you will visit one of the most fabulous limestone cellar in the region and will taste wines of the domain (pouilly-sur-loire and pouilly-fumé).
- Optional - Gastronomical lunch in a restaurant in Sancerre - Drinks not included.
- Free afternoon, to discover Sancerre and the vineyards around: Centre-Loire, Pouilly, Coteaux du Giennois…
- Optional - Additional night at the "Domaine du Prieuré Saint Agnan".
Options you can add to your trip
Add some activities to your wine tour around Sancerre in the Loire Valley (select the option on the booking form):
Gastronomical lunch in a restaurant in Sancerre
Additional night at the "Domaine du Prieuré Saint Agnan"
Châteaux and wine estates
Learn more about Chapotons Farm
Chapotons farm - Wine and cheese tasting
Chapotons farm is a family affair! 60 cows and 200 goats live there and visitors are warmingly welcomed. Located in Menetou-Ratel, very close to Sancerre, you could come...
Eric Louis Estate
This family winery welcomes you with smile and passion for a tasting and a cellar tour. They do their wines with passion and professionalism...