Your wine trip program
Jour 1- Sancerre vineyard tour
- Upon arrival in Cosne-sur-Loire, between Berry and Bourgogne, you settle into the "Domaine du Prieuré Saint Agnan", a beautiful guest house
- Rendez-vous at the Vacheron Estate, firt wine estate in Sancerre using bio-dynamics method. Jean-Laurent, a pasionate winemaker, will share his deep attachment to its terroir and wine
- The afternoon continues towards the Chapotons Farm to discover the making process of the famous regional cheese "crottin de chavignol". The visit ends with a wine and cheese tasting (a glass of Sancerre and a piece of "crottin de chavignol")
- In the beautiful garden of your guest house, aperitif with the regional specialities you would have bought in the afternoon
- Diner at the restaurant La Panetière, in Cosne-Sur-Loire
- Overnight stay at "Domaine du Prieuré Saint Agnan"
Jour 2 - Cellar-visit at Pouilly
- At an Estate Winery, you will visit one of the most fabulous limestone cellar in the region and will taste wines of the domain (pouilly-sur-loire and pouilly-fumé)
- Optional - Gastronomical lunch at "La Tour" restaurant in Sancerre - Drinks not included (optional)
- Free afternoon, visit Sancerre and the vineyards all around : Centre-Loire, Pouilly, Coteaux du Giennois…
- Optional - Additional night at "Domaine du Prieuré Saint Agnan"
Options you can add to your trip
Add some activities to your wine tour around Sancerre in the Loire Valley (select the option on the booking form):
Gastronomical lunch at the restaurant "La Tour" in Sancerre
Additional night at "Domaine du Prieuré Saint Agnan"
Châteaux and wine estates
Learn more about Chapotons Farm
Chapotons farm - Wine and cheese tasting
Chapotons farm is a family affair! 60 cows and 200 goats live there and visitors are warmingly welcomed. Located in Menetou-Ratel, very close to Sancerre, you could come...
Learn more about Eric Louis Wine Estate
Eric Louis Estate
This family winery welcomes you with smile and passion for a tasting and a cellar tour. They do their wines with passion and professionalism...
Learn more about Henri Bourgeois Wine Estate
Henri Bourgeois wine estate
It all started in 1950, when Henri Bourgeois started cultivating 2 hectares of vines on the hills of Chavignol, a region unknown at that time...