Your wine trip program
Day 1 - Discover the famous Grands Crus Classés of the Graves
- Once arrived, visit Château Carbonnieux "Grand Cru Classé de Graves" classified as one of the most famous vineyards in the world. Discover the fascinating tradition of the wine-making process in this area. Visit the cellars and discover the "memory" of the Château, the cellar where more than a century of vintages sleep... The visit ends with a tasting of "Grand Cru Classé" wines (red and white) from reasonable farming.
- You continue with a guided tour of Château Haut-Bailly and discover the secrets of the Château's know-how. Delight-yourself with a commented tasting of the best wines from the estate with a gourmet aperitive (cheeses, ...)!
- In the evening, settle in Château Le Pape, a beautiful guest house belonging to Château Haut-Bailly, located in the historical terroir of the Pessac Léognan appellation. Enjoy the tranquility of the place during a bike ride (subject to availability) or take a walk in the surrounding vineyard.
- Dinner at La Table du Lavoir restaurant - 3 course menu - Drinks not included.
- Overnight at Château Le Pape.
Day 2 - Tasting the wines of Château Pape Clément
- French breakfast at the Château.
- You have an appointment at Château Pape Clément located in Pessac and considered to be one of the oldest Grands Crus of Bordeaux. You visit the wooden vat-house dedicated to winemaking and the barrel cellar, and discover the secrets of the making and aging of this Grand Cru Classé de Graves. Your tour ends with a tasting of 3 wines from different “terroirs”, including the Château Pape Clément red.
Book yearound and enjoy this stay March and December.
Châteaux and wine estates
Château Pape Clément
Located in Pessac, near Bordeaux, Château Pape Clément is one of the oldest Bordeaux Grands Crus. It is also one of the 16 Graves Grands Cru Classés, which produces prestigious...
In 1956 Marc Perrin acquired the château and the vineyard and began to restore it. With his son, Anthony, they decided to embark on a major replanting...