Your wine trip program
Day 1 - Bike ride and tastings in the vineyard of Champagne
- At your arrival in Champagne, you will drive towards Monthelon, in the South of Epernay where your guide awaits you to begin a half-day bike ride in the heart of the vineyard of Champagne. According to your level (and your motivation!), your guide will adapt the stroll and will show you the most beautiful points of view in the region. A tasting stop at a wine-maker domain as well as lunch will end this little sporting and gourmet escapade.
- Optional - You then drive to the Marne Valley, to Boursault precisely where you are expected at Maison Le Gallais to experience the workshop "The nose of Champagne": private visit of the domain of 1h30 followed by a tasting and an aroma recognition game.
- At the end of the afternoon, you will reach your accommodation close to Epernay, the Champagne Philippe Martin, a lovely guestrooms located in the small village of Cumières.
- Dinner at the Bistrot le 7.
- Overnight stay at Champagne Philippe Martin Guest House.
Day 2 - Escapade in a 2CV car in the vines in Champagne
- Breakfast at your accommodation.
- In the morning, you have rendez vous at Philippe Martin Domain, a familial property since 1892 for a wonderful stroll in an old French car 2CV with the owners of the domain. An unforgettable experience that offer you stunning views above the Vallée de la Marne. It also will let you share the passion of the professional of wine and vines. At the end of the stroll, you will taste one of the best champagnes from the property.
- Optional - Lunch at the brasserie La Banque in Epernay. Located in a surprising setting in the former premises of the Banque de France, the restaurant offers you a refine cooking – Menu starters/main dish/desert.
- Then, you will drive towards Castellane Domain for a commented visit of the property, of the museum and of its famous panoramic tower 60 meters high that will offer you a stunning view above the city of Epernay. The visit is followed by a tasting of champagnes from the property.
Book your stay the whole year and enjoy it between April and October
Options you can add to your trip
Add some activities to your weekend on the vineyard pathway in Champagne (select your options on the booking form):
Maison Le Gallais - Workshop "The nose of Champagne": private visit of the domain of 1h30 followed by a tasting and an aroma recognition game.
Lunch at the restaurant La Banque in the city of Epernay.
Châteaux and wine estates
Learn more about Domaine de Castellane - Champagne
Domaine de Castellane
The Champagne de Castellane was created in 1895 by Vicomte Florens de Castellane, heir of a family dating back to the Counts of Arles and Provence...
Learn more about Champagne Le Gallais - Boursault
Champagne Le Gallais
The Le Gallais estate is located in the village of Boursault, a few kilometers from Épernay, in the heart of the Marne valley. Its history begins in 1927 when...