Your wine trip program
Day 1 - Bike ride and tastings in the vineyard of Champagne
- At your arrival in Champagne, you will drive towards Epernay where your guide awaits you to begin a half-day bike ride in the heart of the vineyard of Champagne. According to your level (and your motivation!), your guide will adapt the stroll and will show you the most beautiful points of view in the region. A tasting stop at a wine-maker domain as well as lunch will end this little sporting and gourmet escapade.
- Optional - You then drive to the Marne Valley, to Boursault precisely where you are expected at Maison Le Gallais to experience a "100% wine masterclass": presentation of the stages of winemaking, a tour of the cellars closed with a tasting of 3 wines of the Maison.
- At the end of the afternoon, you will reach your accommodation close to Epernay, the Champagne Philippe Martin, a lovely guestrooms located in the small village of Cumières.
- Enjoy dinner at a restaurant offering traditional and seasonal cuisine - Drinks not included.
- Overnight stay at Champagne Philippe Martin Guest House.
Day 2 - Escapade in a vintage van in the vines in Champagne
- Breakfast at your accommodation.
- In the morning, you leave in a small group for a ride in Estafette (French vintage van) where you will be told the history of the Champagne region and the work of the vine according to the seasons. As the highlight of the walk, you will enjoy a tasting of a glass of Champagne in the middle of the vineyards - Optional: choose a private tour with an introduction to the art of sabering the bottle of Champagne
- Optional - Lunch in a restaurant in the town center of Epernay based on a generous local cuisine – Menu starter, main course, dessert (drinks not included).
- Then, you will drive towards Castellane Domain for a commented visit of the property, of the museum and of its famous panoramic tower 60 meters high that will offer you a stunning view above the city of Epernay. The visit is followed by a tasting of champagnes from the property.
Book your stay the whole year and enjoy it between April and October
Options you can add to your trip
Add some activities to your weekend on the vineyard pathway in Champagne (select your options on the booking form):
Wine workshop at the Maison Le Gallais : presentation of the stages of winemaking, cellars tour and tasting of 3 wines of the Maison.
Tour in the vineyards around Epernay in a Renault Estafette (French vintage van): you have the choice between a tour in a small group or a private tour ending with an introduction to the art of sabrage.
Lunch at a restaurant in the city of Epernay.
Châteaux and wine estates
Domaine de Castellane
The Champagne de Castellane was created in 1895 by Vicomte Florens de Castellane. For more than a century, De Castellane has been blending young, fresh and light wines with fuller, more powerful reserve wines...
Champagne Le Gallais
The Le Gallais estate is located in the village of Boursault, a few kilometers from Épernay, in the heart of the Marne valley. Its history begins in 1927 when...