59 Rue de Cramant, 51190 Avize
In 1949, Jacques Selosse, father of Anselme, founded the domaine with his wife. Anselme took it over in 1974 and chose to preserve it so that it remained how his father had left it.
Considered as one of the great figures of the Champagne region, Anselme Selosse maintains a non-interventionist approach to winemaking.
All of his efforts are put into respecting and keeping his vineyards in the most authentic and harmonious way possible.
He harvests and vinifies each plot in barrels separately, a method which is typical of the Burgundy region, to produce just 57,000 bottles a year using grapes cultivated and harvested from his 7.5 hectares of his chardonnay plots of the Côte des Blancs (Avize, Cramant, Oger, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger) and some from the pinot noir plots in Montagne de Reims (Aÿ, Ambonnay and Mareuil-sur-Aÿ).
The domaine’s champagnes are created using two superb blending vintages: Version Originale, known as V.O (extra-brut) and Brut Initial (brut).
Other vintages include:
- Vintage (millésime), made from two plots in Avize
- Substance, purely Avize, and ‘non-vintage’, combining all the years of the same vineyard using an ageing system (Solera) which began in 1986, in order to create a complex vintage, rich in authenticity
- Contrast, a pure Ay pinot noir and other vintages from the Ambonnay, Mareuil et Le Mesnil vineyards
- Rosé, smooth and persistent
- Exquise, a dry wine measured between 22 and 25 g/L, light and delicious
Anselme Selosse’s champagnes will win you over. Certain vintages surprise due to their intensity, their richness and their mineral content, so much so that it could change your perception of champagne. These are the champagnes that define preservation and gastronomy.